Identifies and conducts research on special education.
Works together with local and international agencies in special education, and be a referral point by other agencies in special education research.
Documents all papers and reports on special education studies and disseminates this information to various local and international relevant agencies.
The role and functions of Research and Innovation Division
- To identify research problems on special education and prioritize based on their urgency
- To conduct research on specific problems identified by comparative study and evaluation, teaching and learning, assertive technology and assessment for children with special needs
- To monitor research programs and activities carried out by other agencies commissioned by the centre
- To provide consultation services on special education for member country and local community
- To work together with local and international agencies in special education, and to be a referral point by other agencies in special education research
- To monitor and evaluate the existing policies on special education
- To translate special education programs into plan of actions
- To formulate new policies on special education based on current requirements and changes
- To study policies on special education from other countries for benchmarking
- To commission other agencies to conduct research on special education
- To document all papers and reports on special educations studies and to disseminate all these research reports and materials on to various local and international relevant agencies
- To carry out needs assessment on special education among teachers and support services
- To build relationship/network in special education involving various agencies regionally and internationally
- To conduct and organizing international seminars, conferences and conventions on best practises and current topics for better understanding in special education