Research & Innovation Division
- Identifies and conducts research on special education.
- Works together with local and international agencies in special education, and be a referral point by other agencies in special education research.
- Documents all papers and reports on special education studies and disseminates this information to various local and international relevant agencies.
The role and functions of Research and Innovation Division
- To identify research problems on special education and prioritize based on their urgency
- To conduct research on specific problems identified by comparative study and evaluation, teaching and learning, assertive technology and assessment for children with special needs
- To monitor research programs and activities carried out by other agencies commissioned by the centre
- To provide consultation services on special education for member country and local community
- To work together with local and international agencies in special education, and to be a referral point by other agencies in special education research
- To monitor and evaluate the existing policies on special education
- To translate special education programs into plan of actions
- To formulate new policies on special education based on current requirements and changes
- To study policies on special education from other countries for benchmarking
- To commission other agencies to conduct research on special education
- To document all papers and reports on special educations studies and to disseminate all these research reports and materials on to various local and international relevant agencies
- To carry out needs assessment on special education among teachers and support services
- To build relationship/network in special education involving various agencies regionally and internationally
- To conduct and organizing international seminars, conferences and conventions on best practises and current topics for better understanding in special education