Sub Themes Important Deadline Contact Person Registration Fee Payment Method Conference Venue Hotel & Attractions Suggested Accomodation In Kuching Speakers Conference Schedule Guideline for Full Paper Submission ‘Oral & Poster’
The 2nd International Conference on Special Education: ‘Access and Engagement’
31st July – 2nd August 2017
Borneo Convention Centre Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Providing access and engagement for children with Special Educational Needs must be given priority and emphasis by addressing opportunities and barriers such as diverse leaners’ needs, designing and implementing accommodative curriculum suited to the needs of children and responsive curriculum strategies in teaching and learning. The SEAMEO 7 Priority Areas; 1) Early Childhood Care and Education, 2) Addressing Barriers to Inclusion, 3) Resiliency in the Face of Emergencies, 4) Promoting Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), 5) Revitalising Teacher Education, 6) Promoting Harmonisation and Higher Education and Research and 7) Adopting the 21st Century Curriculum form the basis for this conference. These areas necessitate the urgent needs to provide and engage children with special educational needs in educational settings that are meaningful and inclusive. The role of governments, stakeholders, policy makers, non-governmental organisations, educators, parental, and communities must be highlighted and accounted to ensure that children with special educational needs are given appropriate support services and thus engaging them in educational settings. The conference is an opportune for discussion, knowledge sharing and experts input on best practices for the speakers and participants to enhance their knowledge, skills and understanding the current issues and trends in Special Education. Quality education and support services would ensure children with special educational needs engage in educational settings that stimulate their holistic growth and give them the necessary skills to live independently and contribute to the betterment their lives.
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of participants to deliver effective educational services and support services for children with special educational needs by updating and enriching knowledge and skills of those who take part in the educational process.
- Provide the platform and opportunities for exchange of best practices in teaching and learning of children with special educational needs in providing access and engaging these children in educational settings to prepare them for independent life.
- Provide information in recent trends in Special Education and Inclusive Education through exchange of best practices and current approaches that are tangible and responsive to the 21st century challenges and needs.
- To establish networking and smart collaboration among Ministries, related agencies and educators in education especially in Special Education at national, regional and international levels.
- Increase awareness and acceptance of individuals with disabilities in the society and accommodating their needs in the community in terms of access, engagement and equity.